There are many natural home remedies for oily and greasy hair that can help to manage your hair and also keep them looking fresh for days. When the hairs get greasy one day or two days after washing, then you have the oily hairs. Oil is the natural secretion of scalp that keeps the hair healthy but excessive oil production results in oily and greasy hairs. Oily hairs can be result of hormonal changes, eating too much oily food, heredity, excessive stress and also due to poor hair care. Oily hairs are heavy looking and are also hard to manage because they clump together. Oily hairs are prone to itchiness and dandruff. Oily hairs look dirty, lifeless and also unwashed. It is important to take care of the oily hair so that you can look your best. To prevent oily hair you need to keep scalp clean. Shampooing hairs daily is not the good idea as the chemicals in some shampoos can enhance this problem.
Home Remedies For Oily Greasy Hair
- Lemon juice is a great home remedy for different types of hair and scalp problems including oily hair. Lemon juice contains many important minerals and vitamins that make hair healthy. The acidic property of the lemon balance pH level of scalp and also controls the oil secretion. Take two lemons and extract their juice. Mix this lemon juice with two cups of distilled water. Apply this mixture on scalp and hair, massage it around for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash your hair with water. For best results repeat this remedy three times in a week.
- Aloe Vera contains enzymes, minerals and vitamins that are very useful for getting rid of oily hair. Aloe Vera helps to control the oil secretion and also detoxify the scalp from impurities, as well as nourishing the hair roots. Also the soothing and gentle nature of Aloe Vera will keep your hair healthy. Take 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix them in 1 cup of any mild shampoo. Wash your hairs and then apply this shampoo, allow the shampoo to remain on hair for few minutes and then wash the hairs. Use this remedy whenever you shampoo your hairs to control oiliness.
- Eggs are great natural conditioner of hair. Egg yolk is packed with proteins that strengthens the hair and also combats the oily hair. Take one half cup of whisked egg white and apply it on damp hair, leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that rinse your hair and wash with mild shampoo. Repeat this remedy one in every two weeks. You can also take two egg yolks and beat them with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on damp hair and leave it for about 5 minutes. After that wash hairs with a mild shampoo. You can use this remedy for two to three times in a week.
- Tomatoes can also be used to take care of oily hairs. The acidic nature of tomatoes helps to balance the pH level of scalp and it also controls the excessive oil secretion. Tomatoes can also help to get rid of foul odors. Take juice of one tomato and mix it with one teaspoon of fuller’s earth. Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair. Take a shower cap and use it to cover your hair and head. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it using cold water. Use this remedy once or twice in a week to get effective results.
- Hairs can also become greasy and oily if you use poor conditioner or harsh shampoo. To solve this problem you can use a homemade conditioner made from honey and bananas that will nourish your hair and keep them free of oil. Take one banana and run it through a blender to get the thick consistency. In this add 1 tablespoon of raw honey for every 4 tablespoon of banana paste. Apply this paste on your hair and leave it for about 20 minutes. Now rinse hair thoroughly with warm water to remove the paste from hairs. Use this remedy twice in a week.
Natural home remedies for oily greasy Hair ensure that hair and scalp are treated effectively without any side effect leaving healthy and shiny hair.