Women want to know how to get rid of dry cracked heels at home because market creams and lotions are expensive and those also do not show effective results. Cracked heels show that there is lack of attention to the foot care or it can be due to over exposure or lack of moisturizer. Cracks on heels are regular linear cut wounds that affect the surface level of feet that comprises of epidermis. Sometimes cracks can be deep into the dermis and these are also painful. Cracks in the skin can arise in any part of the body but the most common parts are the rim of heels or the web of toes that are frequently used by everyone. Dry skin is the major cause of cracked heels. Cracked heels can be harmful as when cracks are deep they become painful and begin to bleed. This could even lead to infection which lead to many other problems. There are many causes of cracked heels that include prolonged standing, unhygienic conditions, deficiency of minerals and vitamins, continuous exposure to water, over weight, old age, Thick dry or simple dry skin, open shoes and sandals and many more.
How To Get Rid Of Dry Cracked Heels At Home
Following home remedies will help you to treat cracked heels effectively:
- Apply the pulp of banana on cracked area of the heel. Leave this pulp on heel for 10 minutes and then rinse with water. This is a simple remedy for cracked heels and this can be used daily to prevent cracked heels. To form a thick and creamy paste you can add half a coconut or half an avocado in the banana pulp. Coconuts and avocado are rich in essential oils that will help the cracked heels to stay moisturized and soft.
- Lemon juice can be used for getting rid of cracked heels. Lemon juice has the mild acidic property and thus it helps to remove the dry and dead skin cells from around the feet. For using lemon juice add some lemon juice in warm water and soak your feet in this solution for few minutes and then gently scrub the effected ares with soft feet brush. After that wash your feet and dry them completely. After that apply some moisturizer on feet. You can also mix lemon juice with papaya and apply this mixture on cracked heels, keep this on heels for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. You can do this once in a week to cure the cracked heels.
- You can use a shortening vegetable oil on feet after washing them and drying them completely. Apply a thick coat of shortening vegetable oil on feet and then wear socks. Leave this overnight and in morning wash your feet with soap and water, this remedy will show effective results in few days. Similarly you can apply a mixture of rose water and glycerin at night and wear socks after that. This will also cure cracked heels and soothe them.
- Olive oil is also a simple remedy for curing cracked heels. Apply olive oil on cracked heels with the help of cotton ball and gently massage feet in circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes and then wear thick cotton socks. Wash your feet after 1 hour. Olive oil is an effective moisturizer of cracked heels. You can also use 1 table spoon of olive oil with few drops of lemon juice or lavender oil in a bottle and then add equal amount of water in it. Mix these properly so that thick milky solution is formed. Apply this homemade foot cream on cracked feet for 2 or 3 times in a day.
- Before going to bed, take half bucket of warm water and in this water add some liquid soap. Soak your feet in this warm soapy water for almost 20 minutes. All the dead skin on cracked heels will loose in this time which will easily be removed by using pumice stone. Be gentle with skin otherwise it will get irritated. After that rinse off feet with clean water and dry with towel. Apply moisturizer and wear cotton soaks to protect the moisture. Follow this remedy daily until cracked feet are healed completely.
The above home remedies will let you know how to get rid of dry cracked heels at home and will help you have beautiful and soft heels this season.