In the market there are many lotions and creams available for fighting with brown spots which the homemade remedies do wonders for removing the brown spots.Brown spots are one of the most irritating hurdles in the beauty of women. Brown spots are also known as age spots or the liver spots. Brown spots can be the sign of aging. Brown spots tend to appear on different body parts such as scalp, face and hands that are often exposed to the sun. Dark brown spots and freckles are the result of sun damage to the skin. When skin is expose to the sun more than there is increase in the production of cells known as melanocytes and these melanocytes turn the skin into dark. Some of the main causes of brown spots include aging, menopause, stress, weak liver, lack of Vitamin C or B12, cancer, diabetes, sun exposure, genetics, pregnancy, improper skincare, hyper-pigmentation of skin, smoking and dermatitis. Brown spots are harmless but these look very ugly on skin.
Homemade Remedies For Brown Spots
The homemade remedies for brown spots that you can done at home are as follows:
- Butter milk is full of lactic acid which is highly beneficial for the skin. So for brown spots you can relay on butter milk. Take butter milk and apply it on brown spots with cotton swab and leave this on the skin for few minutes before washing the area with water. With time these brown spots will start to fade. Those who have oily skin can use butter milk by adding some lemon juice in it.
- Aloe Vera is excellent for healing minor burns and also the brown spots. Take fresh Aloe Vera gel and rub it on the spots. After half an hour wash the area with cold water. Repeat this process twice daily. Within 30 days you will feel positive improvements. If you can not get fresh Aloe Vera gel then you can also use Aloe Vera juice available in the market.
- Lemon juice has bleaching property and it can also be used for getting rid of brown spots. You can simply apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area and leave it for an hour then rinse with cold water. Repeat this process twice in a day and you will get effective results in 2 months. You can also mix sugar in lemon juice before application to the affected area. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse with cold water.
- Yogurt is an easy and a safe way to lighten up the brown spots naturally. Take plain yogurt and apply it on brown spots and leave it for twenty minutes. After that wash your face with cold water. For more faster results leave the yogurt on affected area for over night.
- Onion juice is another easy way to get rid of age spots. Slice up some onions and rub the slices on the affected area two or three times in a day. The bleaching and acidic property of onion will fade the brown spots.
- Castor oil is another home remedy for brown spots. Castor oil has strong healing properties and this can be used effectively for aging spots or the brown spots. Apply castor oil on the affected area with the help of cotton swab twice a day and massage the area gently for few minutes. This remedy will make your skin tone even and will fade the brown spots. Along with castor oil Vitamin E oil, olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil can also be used for curing brown spots on skin.
While using any of these homemade remedies for brown spots you should have patience as these take some time to show results.